Life-Saving. Impactful. Dedicated.
NSC is proud of our Instructors for making our world a safer place by teaching Defensive Driving Courses. Now is your chance to identify those Instructors that really stand out. Shine the light on those who go above and beyond to help move the mission of NSC forward every single day!
Do you know an exceptional Defensive Driving Course (DDC) Instructor that you would like to nominate for an Instructor of the Year Award? Let us know if there is an instructor worthy of the honor!
2022 Defensive Driving Courses Instructor Awards Nomination Instructions
Each year nominations may be submitted for each core course offered by the National Safety Council. The award winners for each core course will be determined by Defensive Driving Courses International Advisory Committee. Course level winners will be announced during the summer with the awards being mailed prior to our 2022 Congress. The Instructor of the Year award will be announced and presented at Safety Congress.
2022 nominations must be processed through this online submission form. We will not accept submission any other way.
Nominations for the awards may be made by a National Safety Council division member, board member, officer, training center, member chapter, instructor or interested person with involvement in Defensive Driving Courses. The nominations must be supported by at least two additional references
The completed nominations must be submitted online no later than 5/31/22.
Individuals may be nominated for more than one award. However, separate completed nominations must be provided for each course.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
To be eligible for nomination the nominee must be:
- A current DDC instructor certification number
- Affiliated with a DDC training center
- Certified as an instructor for the program for which they are nominated
- A role model that has an exemplary driving record
Nominees will be measured and selected using the following criteria:
- Demonstrate the scope and impact of Nominee’s defensive driving activities for each category. nominated
- Demonstrate leadership and long-term dedication to the defensive driving field.
- Demonstrate an involvement with programs and activities increasing the use, application, and awareness of defensive driving.
- Be dedicated to improving safety from the workplace to anyplace.
- Indicate professional, personal and community affiliations and recognitions.
- Show how the nominee demonstrated their desire to maintain their knowledge and skills in course presentation.
- Share at least one and no more than five course related Instructor evaluation(s).
For the James A. Solomon Award, the DDC International Advisory Committee will make the final selection from the individual program Instructor of the Year Winners.
After reviewing the above criteria or nominating, complete the form on this page and you must click the box at the bottom to agree. This then allows your nomination form to be submitted.
If there are any questions you have please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, remember to add this email address to your safe sender list through your email provider to avoid updates going to your junk mail.