Driving deaths are preventable. 48% of passengers killed are not wearing seatbelts, 35% of teen driver fatalities are related to speeding and about 14% of all car crashes involve distracted driving including those with cell phone use. The costs associated with these crashes are more than just monetary and are felt by other people in addition to the crash victims. This includes employers, family, friends and many others. Let’s keep moving forward to eliminate these statistics.
NSC is proud of our Instructors for making our world a safer place by teaching Defensive Driving Courses. Now is your chance to identify those Instructors that really stand out. Shine the light on those who go above and beyond to help move the mission of NSC forward every single day.!
Do you know an exceptional Defensive Driving Course (DDC) Instructor that you would like to nominate? Let us know if there is an instructor worthy of the honor!
2020 Defensive Driving Courses Instructor Awards Nomination Instructions
Each year nominations may be submitted for each core course offered by the National Safety Council. The award winners for each core course will be determined by Defensive Driving Courses International Advisory Committee. Course level winners will be announced during the summer with the awards being mailed prior to our 2020 Congress. The Instructor of the Year award will be announced and presented at Safety Congress.
2020 nominations must be processed through this online submission form. We will not accept submission any other way.
Nominations for the awards may be made by a National Safety Council division member, board member, officer, training center, member chapter, instructor or interested person with involvement in the Defensive Driving Courses. The nominations shall not be submitted by the nominee or an immediate family member. The nominations must be supported by at least two additional references
The completed nominations must be submitted online no later than 5/24/20.
Individuals may be nominated for more than one award. However, separate completed nominations must be provided for each course.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
To be eligible for nomination the nominee must be or have:
- A current DDC instructor certification number
- An affiliation with a DDC training center
- Certified instructor in each category for which they are nominated
- Demonstrated their support of defensive driving attitudes with an exemplary driving record
- Email at least one NSC Instructor or Student Evaluation- include your name, nominated Instructor name and ID# and Category (Program).
To be eligible for the award the nominee should:
- Demonstrate the scope and impact of Nominee’s defensive driving activities for each category nominated
- Demonstrate leadership and long-term dedication to the defensive driving field
- Demonstrate an involvement with programs and activities increasing the use, application, and awareness of defensive driving. Further indicate professional, personal and community affiliations and recognitions
- Show how has the nominee demonstrated their desire to maintain their knowledge and skills in course presentation
- Have at least one DDC Instructor evaluation
For the James A. Solomon Award, the DDCIAC will make the final selection from the Instructor of the Year Winners.
After reviewing the above criteria or nominating, complete the form on this page and you must click the box at the bottom to agree. This then allows your nomination form to be submitted.
If there are any questions you have please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, remember to add this email address to your safe sender list through your email provider to avoid updates going to your junk mail.